This site is owned and operated by Volunteer Mobilization, Inc. (VOMO). Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At VOMO, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
1. VOMO gathers and keeps track of:
a. VOMO gathers three (3) types of information about users:
i. Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters, to email a friend, from requests for support and/or service, and from participation in polls and surveys.
ii. Information VOMO gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This information allows us to better tailor our content to visitors’ needs.
iii. Information VOMO gathers through the sale of subscription services to organization leaders who register their organization. This information includes names, email addresses, phone numbers, addresses and payment details of the purchase.
2. VOMO Gathers and Uses User Information In The Following Processes:
a. Information you give to us.
i. We collect information you share with us when you use the VOMO platform:
1. Account information. When you sign up for a VOMO account, we require certain information, such as your name, email address, date of birth, gender, and location.
2. Profile information. On top of the information submitted at Account creation, we allow users to update their profile with an avatar photo. This information, along with the account information, is part of your public profile page, and will be publicly visible to others.
3. Payment information. For those who register their organization on VOMO, we collect financial information, such as credit card information, when the organization account is setup.
b. We may offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
i. Electronic newsletters (Dispatches)
1. We may offer a free electronic newsletter to users. VOMO gathers the email addresses of users and communicates with them periodically by email. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter that points users to the subscription management page. Users can also unsubscribe to the newsletters at the time of registration.
ii. “Share this with a friend” Service
1. Our site users can choose to electronically forward a link, page, or documents to someone else by clicking “share”. The user must provide their email address, as well as that of the recipient. This information is used only in the case of transmission errors and, of course, to let the recipient know who sent the email. The information is not used for any other purpose.
1. We may offer interactive polls to users so they can easily share their opinions with other users and see what our audience thinks about important issues. Opinions or other responses to polls are aggregated and are not identifiable to any particular user. VOMO may use a system to “tag” users after they have voted, so they can vote only once on a particular question. This tag is not correlated with information about individual users.
1. VOMO may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We sometimes share the aggregated demographic information in these surveys with our sponsors, advertisers and partners. We never share any of this information about specific individuals with any third party.
a. Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
4. USAGE TRACKING
a. VOMO tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. VOMO does break down overall usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser).
b. VOMO sometimes tracks and catalogs the search terms that users enter in our Search function. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
a. We may place a text file called a “cookie” in the browser files of your computer. The cookie itself does not contain Personal Information although it will enable us to relate your use of this site to information that you have specifically and knowingly provided. But the only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself. A cookie can’t read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites.
6. USE OF INFORMATION
a. VOMO uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience on our site, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the site or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users. This information helps us:
i. Operate, protect, and improve the VOMO platform and experience. We perform analytics and conduct research often using live data.
ii. Improve our payment services features.
ii. Provide great customer service.
iv. Create a safer and trusted environment, such as fraud prevention, abuse, spam, security incidents, and other harmful activity. We also use this information to resolve any disputes with any of our users, and to comply with our legal obligations.
b. As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters and to enable users to participate in polls, surveys, etc. We send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule (depending on the newsletter), and occasionally send out special editions when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing.
c. When we use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in Search function as one of many measures of what interests our users.
d. We will not disclose any information about any individual user except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
7. SHARING OF THE INFORMATION
a. VOMO uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
b. VOMO does, however, share a user’s VOMO Profile (name, email address, phone number, location, month/year of birth, and gender (not required)) with Organizations and their designees (collectively, “Project Organizer”) in the VOMO Network when they sign-up to participate with that Organization. (For example, the Project Organizer who hosts a Project receives a list of participants for a given Project so that they may follow-up with them.) When you join an Organization or sign up for one of their Projects, you are agreeing for your VOMO Profile information to be given to the Project Organizer so that they may contact you for any purpose, including to provide Project details, information about open volunteer opportunities, and information about issues or opportunities that may interest you.
a. VOMO operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
9. OPT-OUT POLICY
a. We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
i. Opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters.
ii. Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users.
b. If you wish to have an Organization or one of it’s designees stop contacting you, you will need to advise them directly.
c. If you wish to have you data completely removed from VOMO and your account deleted, you can request this action by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. YOUR CONSENT
i. Volunteer Mobilization, Inc., 500 N Central Expy, Suite 365, Plano, TX 75074.
ii. You may also email us at email@example.com.